Sunday, February 7, 2010

What Would You Leave Unfinished?

In the second chapter of Maximizing Your Potential, Myle Monroe asks a question that can be troubling if you really step back and think about it. He asks, "If you died tomorrow, what would be left unfinished?" For me, it would be three books that are not in print - but finished. It occurred to me that although it is a wonderful accomplishment that I have been able to write a couple more books - two of which are novels which were major breakthroughs in my life - of what consequence would it be if I died and they were never published? Although God delivered me of procrastination some years back, I still tend to use excuses for not getting things done in a timely manner. The fact is, if in my heart, I really believe that God has given me a gift that will improve the lives of others and impart insight that will be a blessing, I need to treat the offspring of that gift as the sacred treasure that it is. In other words, inside of me is a divine treasure that once released and shared can touch and multiply tremendously.

If you died tomorrow, what would be left undone? It is a powerful thing to think about and reflect upon. If nothing would be left undone because you have done nothing worthwhile with your life, that's one thing. Its a whole other thing if you have gifts that would bless the world and have started things but not finished them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
As a preacher and public speaker, Elaine Rose Penn has been described as "bad to the bone!" She has gained a national and international platform as a motivational speaker, trainer, life purpose coach, and an author of two books currently available on Amazon.com. Her novel, "When Kingdoms Fall: A Novel About the Fall of Lucifer" is due for publication in a few months and is a sure winner for readers who love Biblical suspense, action, mystery, and intrigue!